Following the huge success of the first – English country golf club themed – Swingers, located next to the Gherkin in the City, the Institute of Competitive Socialising (ICS) are delighted to announce the opening of their second Swingers – a 1920s English seaside themed venue in the heart of the West End, in Oxford Circus.
Breathing new life and fun into 20,000 square feet of the old BHS flagship store (which closed in August 2016), Swingers West End takes all the things that guests love about Swingers City, predominantly the holy trinity that is street food, cocktails and crazy golf and reimagines them in a brand new immersive and theatrical setting.
The incredible new Swingers location reimagines the faded glamour of the 1920s English Riviera and features:
• The Bandstand Bar – A stunning all-day cocktail bar with an iconic bandstand canopy roof
• The Grand Hotel Bar – A free-standing building within Swingers that features a huge island cocktail bar and is inspired by the palm courts of the grand hotels of Eastbourne and Torquay
• The Promenade – A lamppost lined boardwalk that overlooks the Big Wheel Course on one side and is lined by beach huts on the other side. These beach huts are home to street food vendors Made of Dough (pizza), Patty&Bun (burgers), Breddos Tacos, and Hackney Gelato (ice cream and sundaes)
• The Big Wheel Course and the Helter Skelter Course – Two beautifully designed, 9-hole crazy golf courses that are jam-packed with jumps, loops and moving obstacles (including a moving Big Wheel and Helter Skelter, naturally) where caddies serve cocktails to guests as they play from the bars on each course.
• The Palm Lounge, The Sun Room, The President’s Committee Room and The Pergolas – A range of stunning private hire rooms and spaces that are perfect for groups of all sizes, ranging from 12 to 300 people. More details of these below.
• A 10 camera photo podium – Because why capture your moment of victory for social media with one camera when you can do it with a 10-shot animated MP4?
• The best bathrooms in the West End – We love a statement bathroom at the ICS and these are no exception. Just think hugely spacious, mirror balls, gold tiles and a decadent love seat and you start to get the idea…
About the street-food vendors:
Made of Dough – They started out taking their wood fired oven, pulled behind a Land Rover, to festivals around the UK. They have since put down roots with a pizza kiosk in Brixton and an acclaimed pizzeria in Peckham. Dishes on their Swingers menu include their spicy salami pizza packed with Brindisa chorizo and Calabrian salami and their mushroom pizza loaded with Portobello mushrooms, fior di latte, truffle oil and roast garlic. Athletic nutrition at its very best.
Patty&Bun – Need no introduction. They’ve been a stalwart at Swingers (City) since it opened in May 2016, churning out Ari Golds and Colin Montgomerys (created exclusively for Swingers) to guests who are famished from crazy golf. With 8 other sites across London, Patty&Bun are widely considered to be London’s best purveyor of burgers. Swingers are delighted that Patty&Bun will be
joining them in Oxford Circus.
Breddos Tacos – Will be dishing up their fresh tacos influenced by the roadside taquerias throughout America and Mexico and recreating traditional recipes with the best of British produce. Breddos soared to success serving up their popular Baja fish and masa fried chicken tacos from their taco shack in Hackney before finding permanent homes in Soho and Clerkenwell. Guests visiting Swingers West End will be able to choose from an exclusive Breddos menu featuring critically acclaimed tacos alongside a range of tostadas and tlayudas.
Hackney Gelato – Will be the first ever Swingers dessert vendor. The Italian gelato company is founded by Enrico and Sam who met whilst working at the Michelin starred Locanda Locatelli. The English twist that they added to their classic Italian recipes has led to them creating and supplying bespoke ice cream flavours for restaurants that include Som Saa and Kitty Fishers. This is their first concession and will serve an incredible menu of gelatos (don’t miss their Cherry Bakewell flavour) and sundaes, making them the perfect fit for the new Swingers 1920s English Riviera theme.
The best thing is, guests can walk in any time for food and drink, even if they aren’t playing crazy golf.
I encourage you to get into the Swingers swing of things – you’re guaranteed to have a ball!
Swingers West End is located at 15 John Prince’s Street, London, W1G 0AB
To book or learn more call 020 3846 3222 or visit www.SwingersLDN.com